No products in the cart.
Thank you for your interest in acrylic painting lessons!
Painting from a Photograph
The aim of these classes is for you to build up a painting while using a photograph as a reference. You will learn what is important in this process, what you can ignore and how to highlight the focal point.
The classes will be very small (3 students) so you will have lots of individual tuition.
No particular skills are required. It is only important that you are willing to have a try and learn something new!
Studio is located in Brighton, South Australia.
You will need to bring
- 2 water jars
- Protective shirt or apron
- A cotton rag (pale is best)
- A photograph of a landscape, approximately A4 size or square that you would like to paint. Coloured, preferably.
- Brushes – 2 or 3 of different sizes will do. Buy the best quality you can SENSIBLY afford.
- Paints and palettes: Please bring your own acrylic paints and palettes. I will have some to share as needed.
- Easels provided.
- Paper and canvas: I will supply these.
Classes will run for three hours per week for four weeks.
The lessons will be on Thursday mornings from 9.30am-12.30pm.
Next series of classes is set for October 5th, 12th, 19th and 26th.
Weekend classes can be arranged also if that suits a group of three people.
Tuition fees are $145 in total, payable before classes start. Newsletter subscribers pay $130.
You can pay $50 deposit to save your spot in the class and the balance at week 1.
Week 1: Introduction; Shape/Form as a building block. Understanding composition.
Week 2: Using Tone to add drama. Understanding how to make a painting interesting.
Week 3: Colour temperature to create harmony. Understanding how to achieve unity and contrast.
Week 4: Pulling it all together.
REGISTER and either pay in full or a $50 deposit for PAINT FROM A PHOTOGRAPH classes.
If you pay a deposit, your payment for the balance is due at the beginning of Session 1.