No products in the cart.
Thank you for your interest in acrylic painting lessons. That’s great!
There are three tiers of classes depending on your needs and interests.
You are in the right place for information about classes for early painters or people interested in learning about Composition. Do you want to know more about what makes a painting work well visually?
Compose Your Painting
The aim of these classes is for you to grasp the basics of painting and produce a small work you can be proud of.
The classes will be very small, with only 3 students in each group. That allows you to have lots of tuition.
No particular skills are required. It is important that you are willing to have a try and learn something new!
Materials to bring
For the classes you will need
- 2 water containers
- Protective shirt or apron
- A cotton rag pale in colour, or paper towels
- A photograph approximately A4 size or square that you would like to paint. Coloured, preferably. This can be on paper.
I will supply
- Brushes: I will provide 2 basic brushes for use in class, one large and one small. If you already have brushes, bring them by all means. Otherwise the two supplied will serve you well.
- Paper and canvas: I will supply these.
- Paints: I will supply a basic range of acrylic paints to share. If you have your own, bring them if you wish.
- Easels provided.
- Palettes: I will provide some for you to try, including sealing containers for a paper palette.
- You are welcome to purchase the brushes and palette containers at cost price if you would like to retain them for your own use after class.
Classes will run for three hours per week for three weeks.
The lessons will be on Thursday mornings from 9.30am-12.30pm for three consecutive weeks.
Next series of classes is set for February 9th, 16th and 23rd.
Weekend classes can be arranged also if that suits a group of three people.
Tuition fees are $100 in total, payable before classes start.
Week 1: Introduction; Shape/Form as a building block. Understanding composition.
Week 2: Using Tone to add drama. Understanding how to make a painting interesting.
Week 3: Colour temperature to create harmony. Understanding how to achieve unity and contrast.
Students will be provided with worksheets summarising the main points of the lessons.
Register and pay for COMPOSE YOUR PAINTING classes here ENROL
If you prefer to pay at the first class you will need to email me email@example.com to register your interest and pay 50% deposit to secure your place.